Employment Opportunity: SASPEN Coordinator
SASPEN (Southern African Social Protection Experts Network) is a not-for-profit loose network of stakeholders, scholars and consultants who engage with social protection in the SADC region. SASPEN was founded in Johannesburg on May 15, 2012 and formerly registered on August 16, 2017 under the laws of Zambia. Its overall objective is to promote the fostering, expansion and improvement of social protection in SADC countries and engages in dissemination and sensitization by providing platforms for exchange regarding social protection programmes, frameworks, research and consultancies and by creating network structures to link participants with each other and to relevant institutions. Activities of the network include country workshops, international conferences, seminars, publications, joint research and dissemination of information.
It is an exciting opportunity to work with social protection experts in the SADC region. Among the core responsibilities will include;-
- To coordinate the work of network secretariat, Board of Trustees (Guarantors), Board of Directors and network members
- To manage the administration and financial systems of the network secretariat
- To strengthen the networking between stakeholders and partner institutions
- To strengthen the network communication between stakeholders and partner institutions
- To coordinate the implementation of SASPEN strategic plan and resource mobilization initiatives
Location: SASPEN Network Coordinator will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
To apply, please send motivation letter, curriculum vitae with 3 professional references and copies of certificates to: SASPEN C/O Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Zambia Plot 5583 Great East Road, P.O. Box 30554, Lusaka or email: email@example.com
Closing Date: February 26, 2018 – Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.