CIVIL SOCIETY FOR POVERTY REDUCTION JOB OPPORTUNITY- PROGRAM COORDINATOR
CIVIL SOCIETY FOR POVERTY REDUCTION JOB OPPORTUNITY
Policy Advocacy and Communications Programme Coordinator
The Civil Society for Poverty Reduction (CSPR) is an anti-poverty civil society network that has been building the voice for the poor in the fight against poverty. It was established in 2000, primarily to ensure that civil society effectively and meaningfully participates in the design, formulation and implementation of the National Development Plans(NDPs) and further monitor the NDPs to ensure government provides a means by which Zambia can effectively strategize on reducing the escalating levels of poverty. Since 2000, and in response to an invitation from the Government of Republic of Zambia, the civil society in Zambia has been participating in the process of formulating and monitoring the NDP for the country, and hence sought the need to form a network that would enhance the effectiveness of this participation.
CSPR is therefore recruiting a Policy Advocacy and Communications Coordinator in the programmes department.
Job Title: Programme Coordinator, Policy Advocacy and Communications
Overall Reporting to: Executive Director
Programme Reporting to: Programmes Manager
Overall Purpose: Raise CSPR’s advocacy profile on emerging and important pro-poor development issues to ensure broader participation and realisation of social change through evidence-based policy dialogue with state and other key stakeholders.
KEY AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
|Management of Policy Advocacy and Communications initiatives and the supervision of project teams within CSPR Zambia|
|· Prepares and presents the annual work plans for the PAC activities.
· Implements national-level activities under the work plan and ensures they are executed against set budget and timelines.
· Proactively offer any innovative ideas and proposed action to CSPR senior management on policy positions and key messages
· Supervises project staff under the Programme at National and Provincial Level
· Supports the formulation of advocacy strategies
· Ensures all administrative, logistical, and other requirements for PAC activities are secured
· Ensures the availability of reporting inputs under PAC for both programmes and finance departments.
· Generates policy related communication and information sharing products.
· Manages project resources efficiently for the effective implementation of the Programme.
|Coordination of CSOs and other non-state actors’ engagement in the public policy and legislative processes through enhanced accountability and oversight monitoring.|
|· Identifies and develops Coalitions/Joint Policy Advocacy Platforms and other opportunities that CSPR members can participate in.
· Identifies and reviews policy advocacy priority issues for CSPR’s engagement.
· Supports the capacity development of CSPR Network Members in Evidence-Based Policy Advocacy.
|Enhance the policy-focused research function of CSPR through increased resourcing and effectiveness of evidence-based advocacy|
· Ensures mainstreaming of Gender and HIV&AIDs issues in CSPR’s Research and Advocacy initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the public policy and legislative processes and its key actors in Zambia
- Substantial experience in working with government officials, donor representatives and civil society on policy and strategic issues
- Focuses on impact and results for the policy targets and responds positively to feedback
- Guides teams effectively and shows mentoring as well as creative and practical conflict resolution skills
- Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate.
- Devises new systems and processes, and modifies existing ones, to support innovative behaviors.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal communication and workshop facilitation skills.
- Must be a team player and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have overall understanding of the Civil Society landscape in Zambia
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A minimum qualification of a Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Demography, or any relevant Social Science
- Short-Term course certificates as evidence of the required competences will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least Three (3) years of working on programmes related to research and policy advocacy in Zambia in a Civil Society or any institution in the development sector.
- A proven record of training and application of project management approaches in the development sector.
- Must have minimum understanding of the basic concepts of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Computer literate with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Teams, Excel, SharePoint, Power point and Word.
- Must have experience with the use of common data processing software such as SPSS, Kobo etc.
- Experience with concept and proposal writing (fundraising) is a basic requirement.
Only online applications will be processed, and physical applications are not admissible.
Deadline for application is 10th August, 2021 at 15:00hrs and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by Close of Business on 11h August, 2021.